Kaikoura Renewals Programme: Kiwirail – $ 8 Million
JOB NAME: Kaikoura Renewals Programme
CLIENT REFEREE: Liam Fay and Ian Furness
START DATE: 2018
CONTRACT COMPLETION DATE: Ongoing
ACTUAL COMPLETION DATE: Ongoing
CONTRACT VALUE: $ 1.5 Million
FINAL VALUE: Ongoing
CB Civil has been working with KiwiRail since August 2018 undertaking the replacement of approximately 30 culverts to date.
Culvert works vary in terms of depth and construction requirements.
Key aspects of these projects that is relevant to the HDD culvert project include
– Construction of temporary access
– Environmental and sediment control
– Arranging corridor access permits
– Coordinating with KiwiRail track removal and replacement teams
– Coordinating with KiwiRail train protection
– Earthworks – trenched excavation
– Drainage and pipeline works
– Construction of concrete wing walls/ head wall structures
– Construction of rock lined reno / swales
– Logistics and resource management for undertaking works during defined block of line works
– Successfully managing project programme and resource – all projects have been handed back to KiwiRail on or ahead of programme works
– Stakeholder management and coordination
– Successful implement of CB Civil H&S systems – all works have been undertaken to CB Civil’s robust and proven management systems
– All works have been carried out without any lost time injuries
– All works have been carried out without environment incidents
– All works have been completed with detailed quality package handover with no contractor non-conformances.
– No surprise project management reporting
Our project team worked closely and proactively with KiwiRail and Aurecon team develop work methodologies to suit available culvert design packages, block of line availability and budget constraints.
Our collaborative approach, demonstrating value add has resulting in CB Civil directly negotiating a significant number of the culvert replacement jobs.
All projects were handover over defect free. Methodical planning and following CB’s inspection test plans ensured quality was maintained during stringent BOL programmes.
All projects were handed back within the dedicated BOL programme. At times, CB Civil was asked by KiwiRail to support other Kaikoura civil contractors who were not meeting their BOL programmes.
Final cost of contract
Projects have been constructed to agreed contract sums. CB has often worked with KiwiRail and Aurecon to develop construction budgets.
Based on the work we’ve done on NCTIR and direct for KiwiRail, CB Civil has been around 30 culverts to replace/ repair/ construct since August 2018.
Our nominated Project Manager Sam Anania, Superintendent/ PM , Tom Fisher and engineer Hamish Scott worked closely with KiwiRail / Aurecon team to deliver these works, ensuring no surprises.