Ben has held general management roles with several Tier 1 infrastructure providers and brings over 22 years of civil and construction industry experience. Both within New Zealand and internationally.
Ben’s experience is wide ranging from general and business unit management, to project governance, operations management, tendering and estimating.
As CB Civil’s General Manager, Ben is ultimately responsible for the overall management of the business – setting CB Civil’s strategy to ensure we deliver to our customer’s expectations. In his role, Ben has managed or been directly involved in delivery and governance for numerous large-scale infrastructure and commercial projects, including major earthworks projects, road works, drainage, foundations, bridges, piling, industrial, commercial building and D&C projects.
Ben has a reputation for driving improvement in project practices and ensuring projects are executed efficiently, profitably and with strong health, safety and quality standards.
- Project Director roles: Design & Build Management, Tendering/Estimation Management
- Project Partnering and Alliances
- Effective business management
- Programming, Planning and Resource management
- HSE Management
- Quality & Risk Management, Systems Implementations and Development
- Commercial Management, Cost Control
- Best-for-project focus
- Project design
- Results-driven Business Development and Innovation
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- B. Eng (Civil) (Hons 1 and University Medal)
- CPEng (Aust)
- University of Auckland Hawkins Management Programme
- Sustainable Approach to Water Management Course
- Risk Management Techniques to Managing Projects Course
- Site Safe Passport